~ W H A T . A . M E S S Y . L I F E . T H I S . I S ~

At the juncture where everything looks uncertain, bleak, gloomy... there seems to be no joy... My life is in a MESS! OH FUCK!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Mauresmo Is Out




My
favoritest tennis player is out of the Australian Open.
Amelie Mauresmo, the defending champion, and my darling
was taken out by Lucie Safarova 6-4 6-3.

She had her breakthrough just last year by finally winning
her first Grand Slam - the Australian Open after years of
being in the circuit - after 9 long years of reaching her first
Grand Slam final in 1997, also in the Australian Open.
However, she was given a w/o by Justine Henin-Hardenne
in the final, and many were sceptical of her win down under.

Amelie proved them wrong by winning the prestigious
Wimbledon months later, this time beating Justine in
a complete match.

She also reached the semi final of US Open but lost to
eventual champion, the irresistable Maria Sharapova.

She has always been labelled as a choker. Always one
of the finest players on tour, she lost when it mattered most.
However, 2006 proved to be a great year as she won
the Australian Open and Wimbledon, and also was the
#1 player on tour for many weeks.

I wish Amelie would make a great return in the French Open,
my favouritest of all Slam.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home