~ W H A T . A . M E S S Y . L I F E . T H I S . I S ~

At the juncture where everything looks uncertain, bleak, gloomy... there seems to be no joy... My life is in a MESS! OH FUCK!

Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm In A Relationship With A Man!

Okay, since we are on the topic of cakoi,
let me write about how i came out to
my best straight friend.

It must have been in 2003(?). He had just came
back from Sabah, where he was posted. We had
arranged for a seafood dinner at his favourite
seafood restaurant.

I looked forward to meeting him as we had
not met for long... and it was always such
fun hooking up with cakoi.

But at the same time, i was in such a bad
state of mind. The relationship was hitting
the rocks, but not quite over yet. That was
the worst thing that could happen to a relationship.
Issit over, issit not?

I decided that i wanted to come out to him,
and be frank about what i was going through.

We went and had a fabulous dinner. I've
always enjoyed looking at cakoi choosing
those dead & supposedly fresh seafood.
We talked, caught up with each other...
Somehow, cakoi could sense something
wrong with me, but i brushed him off.

While on our way home, i thought this was
the moment... the B I G moment.

Me Cakoi, i have something to tell you...
I hope you won't get a shock of your life...

Cakoi (very disinterested) Yeah!

Me I'm serious man!

Cakoi (still disinterested) Okay?!

Me Mmmm i dunno how to put it...

Silence

Cakoi What issit? Tell me la.

Me Mmmm stay calm when i tell u okay?

Cakoi (getting excited) OMG! What issit?

Me I'm in a relationship... But it's not a usual
relationship... And i'm not sure if you can
accept this...

Cakoi (more and more excited) Don't tell me
you are seeing an old rich lady???

Me NOOOO!!!

Cakoi Mmmm someone handicapped? In a
wheel chair?

Me Not that...
I'm...

Cakoi You're with a widow? A divorcee???

Me Oh shut up!
I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH A MAN!

Liz Phair Podcast on
www.lizphair.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home